Walking holidays Europe: hike the Brenta Dolomites, visit castles and sanctuaries, taste the local delicacies with Pineta Nature Resort
Foreign visitors to Val di Non, northern Italy’s Trentino and the Dolomites can tour the area accompanied by our English-speaking guide Silvia Donati.
Highlights from our guided tours include:
- Walk to Val di Non’s most beloved landmark, the Sanctuary of Saint Romedius, which dates from the year 1,000, and stands in a spectacular position at the end of a gorge carved by the Rio Romedio stream, perched on a 70-meter-high rocky spur.
- Hike to: Mount Peller, gateway to the Brenta Dolomites; Lago di Tovel, the most beautiful lake in Trentino (photo above); the Predaia plateau; Mount Roen, with its incomparable views of the Dolomites; the magnificent Maddalene, 140-million-year-old mountains which form the natural border between Trentino and South Tyrol; the breathtaking Tret waterfall.
- Enjoy a picnic in the mountains, complete with polenta, grilled meat, cheese, and more treats, for a taste of authentic Trentino cuisine, or experience lunch in a rustic malga, a symbol of shepherd life in the Alps.
- Discover the castles of Val di Non, including 13th-century Castel Thun, symbol of the valley, for centuries the magnificent residence of the Tono, one of the wealthiest and most powerful feudal families of Trentino.
- For some city life, visit Trento and Bolzano, the two main cities of Trentino Alto-Adige, an interesting mix of Italian and Mitteleuropean elements.
- Learn about the culinary traditions of Val di Non and meet local artisan producers: visit a local cheese factory to learn about the typical cheeses produced in the valley and see how the signature Trentingrana is made; stop by a local butcher to learn about mortandela, the typical cured meat of Val di Non (a Slow Food presidium); meet the valley’s wine producers. You get to taste everything too, of course 😉
- Explore the Cammino Jacopeo d’Anaunia, a long-distance walk across Val di Non, which takes you through old villages, apple orchards, medieval castles and forest trails, for a comprehensive experience of all that this beautiful valley in northern Italy has to offer.
Discover our special offer: “Culture and Castles“.
Included with a stay at Pineta Nature Resort:
- Pineta ¾ board: generous buffet breakfast, light lunch, mid-afternoon snack, four-course gourmet dinner;
- Free access to our wellness/spa area featuring saunas, whirlpool, indoor swimming pool, beauty center and massage area. Bathrobe, two bath towels, slippers and a jute wellness bag available for you upon arrival;
- Early morning guided walk in the woods that surround Pineta;
- A torchlight walk through the woods to discover the sights and sounds of the forest at night;
- Trekking poles;
- Free Wi-Fi connection.
Silvia Donati is a certified hiking guide and a freelance journalist writing about travel in Italy. Originally from Bologna, she has a passion for the mountains of Trentino and especially the Dolomites. Silvia also runs tours in Bologna and Emilia-Romagna. Find her on Instagram @silvia_hikingitaly and on her blog www.bolognauncovered.com and contact her for tour pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can also arrange specific itineraries based on your interests or work with you on creating a bespoke package for groups.